The Moon on the Internet



Ah, the age of instant communication! I received an SMS from my cousin this evening. "Step out and look at the moon tonite. Its awesome :)" He lives in far-flung Rudrapur, in the northern state of Uttarakhand, but its unlikely that the moon, in its 'smiley' arrangement with Venus and Jupiter tonight, would be looking any less beautiful here in Bangalore.

Of course, in my present 'disabled' circumstances (remember my accident last month), I couldnt really hobble out to view this lunar spectacle. Neither could I convince anyone at home to go out and click pictures of the trio-in-the-sky for me.

Well, if the real is unavailable, there's always the virtual. So, I checked out the moon on the Internet tonight. Seems, there are plenty of folks who posted 'smiling moon' pictures online. Cute. As a friend pointed out, its nice to have someone smile down at us in these sad and terrorising times.

PS: Let me give due credit to the illustration above. Its from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Telangana Effect - To create a new state, go on a fast

Sure, I bribe. But no cash. Do you take card?

How to Win a Customer, How to Lose a Customer