Indian Hope, US Butterfingers and Jamaican Showboat

India has boxed and wrestled its way to another two medals. So, the gold was not really a fluke (as I mused in my last post). And, I am glad I was proved wrong. Hope the big bout for Vijender Kumar tomorrow goes the gold way.

Watching the sprinting events this evening, I couldn't really believe the double blunders made by both the US men's and women's 4x100mtrs. Honestly, what are the chances that both teams of the same country in the same event goof up like that?! These are seasoned athletes and they must have practiced their move to perfection for years before this. Is it the pressure of a packed stadium and a watching world?

Well, the Olympian pressure sure didn't get to Usain Bolt when he pranced and jiggled around after his record breaking 100m and 200m sprints. Not every one found it amusing, but I feel, let the guy have his day in the spotlight. Anyone who watched how he simply outraced the competition can only be awestruck - it was sheer power and poetry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Telangana Effect - To create a new state, go on a fast

Sure, I bribe. But no cash. Do you take card?

How to Win a Customer, How to Lose a Customer