Top 2 at work

What are the two things you just can’t do without at work? I am assuming most of you, who are reading this, work..for a living. If it’s at a formal workplace, name two things (tools, gadgets, perks, supports, people, whatever) absolutely indispensable to you. Even if you don't troop out every morning to a office and work from bed in your PJs, its still work, right? So just tell me, (post a comment here) what is it that you swear by.

I was in one of those blessed (but rare) moments of complete concentration, working on the messaging in a marketing mailer. I must have been staring at my computer screen. Perhaps, I looked a little frozen, or like I was unraveling my future in a crystal ball. A concerned colleague tut-tutted and asked "What will you do if MS Word is taken away from you?" OK, then, I actually froze. What will I do? I will shrivel and die and rot in ‘Word’less Hell!

Only one other thing ranks on par or even above Word in my list of indispensables at work. Google. I start my day with the incantation "om googleaayah namah". It’s my default browser home page. I don’t remember the last time I didn’t google at least once per day. Glad they made it a verb.

I am curious to know what ranks as your Top Two must-haves at work. Care to comment?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Most important at work is the phone and the google search engine and any messenger if its accessible or if i find a proxy which can be bypassed :-D
P26P said…
Hey MM.
For me - it seems that i cannot pass a day without my Microsoft outlook and webmail, and my mobile phone . Third thing is my yahoo email box. And yes these are indispensable. probably i might stop these when i quit work and get into farming.

cheers
Paresh
Gollum said…
Caffeine and white board markers. I have a fetish for markers :)
- Vivek
Anonymous said…
1) My tweezers.
2) My magnifying mirror with touch lights.
Work gets in the way of my life...
Love, St. Elizabeth.
Anonymous said…
- air-conditioning
- inverted empty metal dustbin to keep my legs on.
-Sauron ( I sent you flowers on your b'day, do you keep them on your desk?)
Mumukshu said…
I got a few more comments on this post offline. Looks like caffeine and e-mail win hands down. Office junkies, all of us.

St Elizabeth, you are the only exception to the rule. Keep up the good life

Popular posts from this blog

The Telangana Effect - To create a new state, go on a fast

Sure, I bribe. But no cash. Do you take card?

How to Win a Customer, How to Lose a Customer